Thursday, April 23, 2015

HOPE...



Shakey brother, hope this day has been good to you and yours.  I have had a ton of people come by this week to get your shirt bubba.  I hope to get some good pictures next week to post of the guys and gals sporting your "T". You are missed,..I selected this picture because it is one of my favorites and it speaks volumes of ONE lone person struggling to fulfill her goal..to push her body past the limits she once thought kept her down, the sweat pouring, the muscles aching....BUT what really stands out to me is ALL the athletes, judges, spectators not only cheering her on but actually getting emotionally connected to her finishing strong.  I think if they could help her pull that hose they all would, if they could each grab a piece of her burden they would jump in and not stop til she crossed the line...until THEY crossed the line together.  Shakey I see that at the PIT daily brother, your friends co-workers and brothers wanting to be with you wanting to share your burden.  The PIT has become your home away from home buddy.  Next Thurs and Fri, Dave, Doss and I hope to fill it with all your brothers coming together for one common reason... to share in pain and sweat and tears a bond with YOU.  They all want to help but are helpless so we will give of ourselves as best we can to let you know we love you and are thinking of you DAILY.  I am not good at being helpless, I have worked hard at building a broken body strong so when needed I can get the job done...and I know there are others exactly like me that feel the same way.  We are not a breed that sits by idly waiting for others to do what we can and what most people won't!  We are a breed of men and women who would rather be in the arena facing the monsters than sitting in the seats behind the safety net watching.  And we take it hard and personally when one of our own is weakened. I guess that's why we would rather push ourselves to exhaustion thinking of you than sitting by watching.  I titled it "HOPE" because when I see the amount of people I do daily and hear their concerns and wishes for you I see "HOPE"... When I have an OC Sheriff officer squat next to me 5 out of 7 days so I don't have to be alone I feel "HOPE"... When I hear brothers coming up with events to hold for your behalf I know "HOPE"....and for me in seeing, feeling and knowing HOPE then in that there is GOD and LOVE and a unbreakable BOND...... "Hope arouses, as nothing else can arouse, a passion for the possible." W S Coffin
P.S.  my squats for the day are getting better...I was able to hit 300 in 3 sets..135#x5,225#x1,300#x1...PEACE to you my brother, Always Bull

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I will be reading this post many many times today Tom - what a great story you tell about that photo!!! I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it, Bull. The photo says it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe you are right! this photo says so much and I love it Thank you for your support and I am honored to call you friend. Bull

      Delete