Tuesday, August 25, 2015

134th DAY of SQUATTING
So this past Sunday was a rough day, it does not get to this very stage often but some days with doing heavy squats on a daily basis your mind can go to dark places.  It's funny I read that in a couple articles I researched before I started this journey, but I never imagined HOW dark that was.  I am learning this is about like every other hard thing I have done...IT is a mental game as well as physical and I think it is MORE mental most of the time.  Sunday my legs were shot, I feared  squatting in the worst way, in fact I didn't even start squatting the night before until 10:30 pm!  Well Sun I started around 5pm because I wanted to wait to see if I felt better as the day went on...which was wishful thinking.  So I did a warm up then started tearing up like a big ol' baby.  I texted JP and Shakey and asked them to remind me how much pain they are in daily and how scared they are.  Then I started squatting...10 sets later I finally finished at 355#.  And truth is my legs felt better when I was done!  I am learning this is mental to the max...my mind doesn't want me to do these things for some reason and it can play serious games with me on a daily basis, but IF I just keep doing the right thing and by taking one day at a time and not think about tomorrow I do just
 fine.  It is when I start thinking about the  WHAT IF's, and then I start questioning if what I am doing is worth it and that leads to a whole lot of worthless mind games.....Crazy stuff!!!  But  I want to share a picture with ya'll that I received from JP.  I was already in bed but this is how I know what I am doing is the right thing.  Whenever I start to doubt or listen to the naysayer's I am sent a message. ......
JP sent me this.  I do not need any other confirmation that what I - WE are doing is the right thing
Some how, some where there are people out there who have the power to help us get the medical coverage and time off we need without it being such a burden.  Please help me help our brother's!  I am not asking for you firefighter's to give any more BUT I am asking you to reach out to friends and family who can give more!  We spend our entire careers taking care of the citizens of Orange County and that is what we get paid to do BUT we need to start taking care of each other because IF we don't...IF we don't start taking care of each other, then there won't be many more of us left to do what we were created to do.  We are each other's heroes!  Rest well my brother's and tomorrow we will go back at this hard.  Love you-Bull

No comments:

Post a Comment