Saturday, June 20, 2015

This is what I felt like doing when I read about FF Mike Bean

-DAY 70- 
What I ended up doing 345# on a 18" box "Day 70"

I sent a text message to Shakey and Lisa, JP and Rachel this early afternoon confessing that i did not want to squat today.  My body was tired and it hurt in new places, i was tired and whaa whaa whaa.  I was embarrassed when I sent it but I wanted to be honest about this whole journey.  After a few warm up sets I prayed some and tried to put myself in Stephen and JP's shoes.  I thought about yesterday at the hospital as I watched JP use a cane and work his ass off just to get out of bed then walk to the bathroom, then struggle to get back to the bed and climb in and then I listened to his breathing and it sounded as if he had just ran a mile.  I thought hard about that today and about the day I decided to under take this whole squat thing, about waking up at 3 am and knowing it had to be done....It's days like these that I think make us better, maybe stronger, maybe wiser.  At least that's what the experts say.  I wonder if the experts squatted for 365 days?  There was nobody with me and I could have just pencil whipped it.  Trust me I have done that before years ago at different times and places and I am not proud of it.  I thought I out grew those thoughts but I guess I never will.  But I am glad I have out grown the ACTIONS.  You see JP and Shakey have to deal with this every single day,  they have to say "I am going to get up and I am going to think positive and push another day" "I am not going to just give up"....I thought about, if what I'm doing is really making any difference? Is it really helping?  As I squatted I started feeling worse and it wasn't really getting better, but I kept adding the weight to the bar and kept thinking about what my 2 brothers were dealing with, so by the time I got to the end I decided to show my body and mind that I am going to push it farther than normal so we went to 345# today which is 30# more than this months required weight.  A couple days ago I read a post on "D Shifts" FB page and the son of retired firefighter Mike Bean posted that his father has been diagnosed with lung cancer and asked for prayers.  I am floored by this, I am wondering what next,  I am tired of watching my brothers get sick.  Somewhere and some how we gotta find help.  I know there are people out there who are advocates and are there to help us get through these difficult times.  I also know the government needs to change and pass a bill to help us.  We need to make NOISE, we need to push this envelope across the table into the lap of whoever it is that makes the decisions and we need to do it NOW.  If there is someone out there reading this and can point me in the right direction PLEASE contact me ASAP.  My email again is ...bull101601@gmail.com....my cell# is 352 255 6421.  I will keep posting these until i get a email or a call.  WE NEED MORE SQUAT SPONSORS....PLEASE CONTACT FRIENDS,CHURCHES, BUSINESS OWNERS...ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO CAN DONATE!!!!   PLEASE SHARE THIS BLOG EVERYWHERE AND EVERYDAY....WE are the ONES who are gonna make the DIFFERENCE!!! there is no one else out there...there is me, there you and you and you that are reading this and that is who is going to have to get it done.  I love ya'll for joining me and helping. I pray that you do not grow weary---I need ya, Shakey and JP need ya.  1 year to committing to making a change-that's it- take 1 year out of your life and lets do all we can to make this work- to make this blog become a website that will last longer than us and can pass on to others to be used for the betterment to help each other.  This is just the beginning.

in 3 more minutes we will be in
DAY 71!...LOVE YA, BULL



No comments:

Post a Comment