Monday, July 27, 2015

JULY 27, 2015
DAY 107 @ 365# Back Squat for the brother's with FF/PM  Matt M

We received some great news today from Lisa during their Dr appointment at Shand's today ....Below is her text from that meeting this morning...
Shakey has had some major ups and downs this week. At one point, his insurance was being canceled and losing his benefits to now going back to work. The doctor said his CT scan looks good and the treatments are working. Super excited!!!! Finally some good news!We are leaving on Wednesday to go to Michigan to fill a bucket list wish. He is super excited to see family and when he gets back he will be working back with Orange County Fire Rescue! We are not done fighting and still need major prayers. We can't do this without all of your love and support. Thank you everyone!!!! See you at the golf tournament!

This has been a LONG time coming! WOW what a huge blessing, not only to Stephen but to us at training, to get a man like him there with us and the experience he can share.  When Stephen first told me of his trip to Mich. it was on a very depressing note, the reason for the trip and why so soon. But, he didn't have to explain his reasoning to me, I also was feeling the same about him, a few days earlier on the 4th of July while i was squatting that night, the thought came over me that this might be his last 4th of July celebration and I broke down in the garage. Heck, little did I know that he was feeling the same thing.  BUT the Shakey I sat with this past Sunday is a much different and renewed and strong man full of FIGHT!!!  A man who is looking forward to coming back to be with us all, to back in the band!  And I for one am so ready to have him there with me.  As you all read this please understand that YOUR POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND PRAYER'S HELPED to make this a reality!!!!  Really!  I have no doubt about that, see with out all of you I don't think this would have been possible....There is POWER in PRAYER and your prayers ARE POWERFUL!!!!  Lisa has promised to send lots of pictures on this family trip and I promise to share them as son as I get them!  Did ya see my new sponsor's starting this month and going on for a while???  Yes sir it is known other than the world famous Hot Dog Heaven in Sta 66's area and YEPPER I have been there 2x to fuel up!
Tomorrow if all goes well I will be going to visit JP with LT Teddy Smith and LT Bill Maddox.  Tomorrow night I will have an update from Mr Perez for you...until then, rest well, stay strong and PLEASE DO NOT STOP YOUR PRAYERS!..Bull



No comments:

Post a Comment