Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Squatting for Shakey and JP
400#
400# Safety Bar Box Squat

I gotta tell ya, squatting on the night of the 4th of July took me to some dark crevasses in my mind.  I started wondering if this was the last 4th for my buddies and what was going on at their homes.  I started questioning my sanity and if this was doing any good at all.  I was getting angry that I hadn't been able to gain any more sponsors and wondered what I was going to do if I could not raise any more money.  I have been saying that the website is coming but it is not here yet.  I tried to figure out how I was gonna keep this up after my double knee replacement this Oct. or Nov....I have a lot of people tell me lately that this probably is not the best thing for me and that I need to take a day or 2 of rest.  It is amazing how much I can think of or how much bullshit runs rampant through my head when I allow it....luckily it was only about 30 minutes of squatting!  I probably would have PUNCHED myself if it would have been another 30 minutes of my head talking to my head!

"We must travel in the direction of our fear".
-John Berryman,
"A Point of Age"

I'll finish tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment