Friday, April 17, 2015

CAPT WENDY and SISSY KNEES
Hey Shakey, hope your day got better brother. I wanted you to know that Capt Wendy is one of the last folks I talked to before setting out on this journey.  She helped me believe it is the right thing to do and that I needed to do it. I am glad she is the one who showed you this.  While I was sharing with her my ideas I could see in her a great love for you and your family.  I knew then to move forward. She deserves a Shakey HUG! Thank you Capt.Wendy! Today I was humbled and filled with pride seeing the prayers, all the love and strength sent to YOU from your brothers and sisters!  That is what I had hoped for my friend....a channel so we can all be together through this.  So many people want you to know they are thinking of you daily.  The band of brothers is growing.
  I am in Parrish tonight and will be here until Sun.  Before I left Groveland this afternoon I set up the squat stands and began my "daily pray session with the bar" and it started out fairly good...135 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 3, 255 x 3, 295 x ? FAIL!!!! my knees and legs just said OH HELL NO.  With the crash of plates slamming the floor Rach came through the door to a smashed 5 gal bait bucket and me cussing.  I knew I was a lil tired and sore from the previous 4 days, but I was not ready for a fail, so I got smart and I added 10 lbs to the damn bar then pulled out my heavy Ace bands and wrapped my"sissy knees" as tight as possible, shimmied up under the damn bar and with a belly full of air lifted it off the rack then squatted down and stood up with it still on my back this time. A measly 305# felt like a house today.  I cleared the bar then went on and did 5 rounds of Deadlifts. I got it done bro but it wasn't pretty.  Honestly, a couple times I wanted to quit, and rationalize WHY I should quit and rest a day.  That's the part of me I hate, that's the part of me that kept me from going to visit those who needed me.  That voice that says " It's ok you can do it tomorrow, you can make that call tomorrow or visit that sick relative another day.  That same voice kept me from saying things like "I was wrong" or "I am sorry".  Many times I have listened to that LIE and many times I have looked back and regretted listening.....but NOT today brother....Thank you Shakey, thank you for helping me pin those demons to the ground today...thank you for helping me to not listen, to not quit.  You have a good night my friend.  The band of brothers is growing....Love ya, Bull 





No comments:

Post a Comment