Sunday, April 19, 2015

HELLO-GOODBYE and 7th Day of Squats
What a great turn out today at Mead Garden's to say HELLO-GOODBYE to one of the best BC's to serve the citizens of Orange County.  Lt Steve Kidd lead the ceremony and did a great job as usual.  The Honor Guard was spot on presenting Ch Growley's bunker coat and helmet.  Susie (Ch Growley's daughter) shared with us an emotional talk about her father, her hero and her loss.  Then we all silently said farewell with 3 toll's of the bell before Ret. OFD's Ch.Mark Austin gave life to Amazing Grace.  Good fixin's were provided by the always hard working 2057 cook squad and some fellowship, stories and hugs were shared for another couple hours.  I got a chance to talk with Steve Kidd and we both agreed these last couple years have taken their toll on our brother's.  Steve shared with me a little about his last visit with Mike Ganley before he left us.  It was hard to keep a dry eye as Steve spoke to me.  Mike is another man I miss dearly and love so much. It was during his sickness and death when I really started getting angry about losing so many brothers.  But today is not about that. The bond I spoke of at the beginning of these posts was present today and I tried to soak it up like sunshine.  All was well and I left with an image of Ch Growley and that great smile of his in my heart and mind.   AND then I got home and was hit with reality of DAY 7 of squats....
 
I kept it super short and quick today (Heck i didn't change clothes after the ceremony) Shakey and got to the max weight of 315# in 5 sets... Today went like this...135x5, 225#x1, 275#x1, 305#x1 and this video is of 315#x1.. today went better than expected maybe i need to squat in jeans and boots from now on!  This weeks max lifts went like so...Mon-330#,Tues-320# and 405# barbell walk 50', Wed-305#,Thurs-330#,Fri-305#,Sat-325# and Sun-315# for at total of 2,635# last rep max pounds.  My hope is that for the people reading these posts and are feeling hopeless of what to do to help or want to make a donation can take my weekly totals and ( AS AN EXAMPLE) pay 1 cent per pound ( this week would be $26.35) to your GOFUNDME account.  I am committed to do this for the next 358 days and when this starts I believe people will look forward to the 7th day of squats!  Rest well brother and tomorrow starts week 2. Be Strong .....Peace-LOVE-Brotherhood, your buddy,Bull

3 comments:

  1. Bull, keep up the awesome writing! This truly is an inspiration for a lot of people, including myself. It's a nice little kick in the ass, every day, to stop feeling sorry and actually do something. You're a life changer brother and I'm forever thankful to you. I know you've had your frustrations with God recently, so I hope this helps...

    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

    Shakey, brother, I know we haven't officially met but I'm sure we've worked together before (I'm in dispatch). I want you to know that you have a great group of brothers and sisters praying for you, in the field and in the comm center, including myself! Keep on fighting brother! We're all with you in this!

    Psalm 55:22
    "Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - thank you :)
      Dan my brother your presence in the PIt is needed and missed!!!! Love you too and thank you for reading. Shakey and others out there need OUR support. You da Man Dan!

      Delete
  2. Awesome post babe... & what spirit-filled verses Dan - love it!!

    ReplyDelete