Wednesday, August 19, 2015

8/19/2015
Day 129 in the journey of Squatting for Shakey and JP and it looks like some headway is being made!  This morning I received a call from Kat Kennedy our PIO person, and she wanted to set up an interview so we set a time for later this afternoon.  Around 4:30 while I was finishing up my 2nd to last set of Safety Bar squats Miss Kat and the PIO Team showed up at the Pit!  Once I finished my last set at 330# I met the team in my office.  Yes,  I felt pretty bad for them to be sitting in my office as bad as that place smells!  I am not use to having professionally dressed women in my office!  So she went on to explain that per Ch D we are going to achieve 3 things....1) get an article in the News Ladder about Squatting for Shakey and JP and the 343 Hero Challenge, 2) work on another article for the Orange Spiel ( the county WIDE newsletter) 3) get this story to local news!  
So you can guess my joy!  129 days into this journey and I am trying to figure out how I can keep begging for sponsors for the next month and here comes 3 women who do this for a living and are willing to make this a huge success!  One day at a time, just one day at a time!  Keep pressing forward, keep believing that you are doing the right thing and good things will come!  Dear Stephen and John, I think we might be getting ready to GROW SOME!  I am so happy right now, I feel like I just got a promotion!  THANK YOU ALL for not only giving funds BUT for your prayers also that have given me the strength to keep squatting and not finding an excuse to stop.  This feels like just the beginning of something HUGE!
I would like to ask for more prayers tonight, these are for Rachel.  Tomorrow morning she willing be having surgery to have half of her Thyroid removed and then biopsied.  She had a biopsy last month and it came back "undetermined", so it now has to be removed and tested to find out what is wrong.  I beg of you to please keep her in your prayers over these next few days.  Thank you and I will post the news as I know.   Here are a couple pictures from the weekend and Tues of this week.
At the Eagles for the Firefighter of the Year Award with Keith, Bailey (my daughter) Patti ( my sis) and John ( her husband)

Me-Holly and Shakey at "HDH"  Hot Dog Heaven !!!!
I have been looking forward to taking him to lunch for 129 days!

It's getting late and tomorrow is a early day.  I am thankful for all that you friends do for the brother's and for me.  Without your prayers and sponsoring I would not have the strength to keep doing what I am doing.  YOU ALL KEEP ME GOING - 1 DAY AT A TIME!  Rest well my friends. Know you are loved.  Squat everyday!  Bull
  

No comments:

Post a Comment