Sunday, August 9, 2015

DAY 120
Last Sunday I was in Eustis, Fla. doing squats at Crossfit Unmatched, yesterday I was doing Zercher squats in St Cloud, Fla. at Strength Station and today we were invited to squat at Crossfit 26.2 in Rockledge, Fla.!!!  Where are we going next weekend ???  This has really been neat getting out of my garage or the PIT and meeting new people and spreading the news of what "The Cost of Being a HERO" is all about.  I met some really good people today at 26.2 who made me feel right at home...I will say this - I loved the atmosphere and the size of this box and the amount of strongman toys!!! It was like a playground!  I really would like to thank Lauri McGee (FF for the City of Cocoa) who has been very supportive of what we are all about from the first moment I told her about Shakey. Month's ago I mentioned to her our plans of doing a HERO WOD to raise funds for Shakey and without questioning anything, without ever formally meeting in person! she drove over to do it AND to donate, she also was fortunate to be there the day Stephen came and was able to meet him too!  Thank you for your loyalty to a brother in need Lauri! I also want to thank Shane, the coach at 26.2 today...Class act brother all the way!  So I would also like to announce that CF 26.2 is officially the first box to have one of the SIGNED T Shirts from the World CF Team Champs " Mayhem Freedom" that we will be raffling off!  What a great day!
Day 120, 8/9/15 - 18" box squat to 370#

City of Cocoa FD Sta 2 - Me/Lauri and Lt Bruce with our signed Shakey Shirt 8/9/15

Me and Shane after the squats 8/9/15

At "THE" Strength Station on 8/8/15 doing Zercher Squats to 330#
To JP and Shakey...brother's I am meeting people all over Central Fla., who LOVE you guys! they may not know either of you personally but they absolutely LOVE you both.  You are heroes to these people just like you are to us, so do not ever think any differently...Last weekend in Eustis at UNmatched CF the events lady was just so excited to help us out in anyway she could and it looks like they will be having a lot of people coming out to the 343 HERO...and they will be wearing the now famous purple T's!!!  Guys there are people praying for you every where!  I am going to have to pick ya'll up one Sunday so you can go with me on the tour.

DON'T QUIT
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
And the road your trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with it's twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow-
You may succeed with another blow

Success is failure turned inside out-
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems so far.
So stick to the fight when your hardest hit-
It's when things seem worse that you
MUST NOT QUIT.

Never have I had 2 men as strong as you both are, inspire me the way you both do to keep moving forward - to not quit or give in to the pain. If i could have half the strength and courage you both have I would be amazed.  I thank you for keeping me going, I thank you for trusting me with what I have been doing, for allowing me into your lives at such a time.  I will keep going -one day at a time- for you both and your families until we beat this thing.  I am here beside you both with so many other's to stay.  We are a band of brothers.  Rest well-
Love you both-Bull


No comments:

Post a Comment