Friday, August 7, 2015

Last 11 Days of Squats
Aug 2nd at CF UNMATCHED with FF Dan Barnard 330# X 2 off short box - DAY113

Aug 8th at the Fit Pit with FF JB Nichols 405# on a high box - DAY 117
The last 11 days have been good ones with a bit of mixed feelings and a lot of FEAR...I was saying in a conversation earlier this week that it has taken over a 100 days for my knees to start hating me and this week they have been talking to me,  but...today Fri the 7th they actually started feeling better and I fear what the end of Sept/ Oct bring with my knees both being fully replaced with artificial joints.  I use to hate fear but as I have grown older I have learned to respect it because when I look at the times in my life when true fear was involved I grew stronger from it and other times the fear it self was just False Evidence Appearing Real.  I have a quote from the wrestler The Ultimate Warrior about FEAR that i'll share with you after I post my squats for the last 11 days....It truly speaks volumes...
July 28 - Front Sqt to 300# then Bk Sqt 320#
July 29th - Safety Sqt Bar on 16" Box to 325#
July 30th - Zercher Sqt from Standing Position 320#
July 31st - Back Sqt 320#
Aug 1st 18" Box Sqt  330# X2
Aug 2nd 16" Box Sqt 330#X2
Aug 3rd 18" Box Sqt 330#X2
Aug 4th Safety Sqt Bar on 18" Box 330#
Aug 5th 20" Box Sqt 380#(PR)
Aug 6th 20" Box Sqt 405# (PR)
Aug 7th Safety Sqt Bar 18" Box 350#
Ok, I think that catches me up on the squats. I have not been able to talk to Shakey since he has been home from the family trip but I will let ya'll know how he and JP both are this week.  Also on Sat and Sun I am going to peoples homes to squat or their gyms so if you want to raise some funds I will come to your place just let me know a couple days in advance.  And as I said earlier here is one of my all time favorite sayings from a great athlete "The Ultimate Warrior" RIP

What do I fear?
I fear stagnation and lack of progress.
I fear never reaching my potential and being average.
I fear being forgotten...The past...Yesterday's news.
I fear giving up and being passed by, going softly into that good night.
I fear letting those I love down, letting myself down.
I fear settling, giving into the, "that's just the way it is" mindset.
I fear dying without leaving my mark.
I fear not feeling these fears anymore and just floating along.
These fears feed me, they nourish my drive.
I love my fear

I love the way he wrote this and changes fear into something that can make us better men and women.  What ever you do...BE ALL IN...what you do matter's, what you do means a lot to people no matter what you may think  So if your going to do something...BE ALL IN.  Tomorrow will be 119 DAYS of SQUATTING for my brother's and trust me I wasn't sure what I was doing when I started, didn't know if my legs would hold up...I only knew I had to do something and once I started I could not stop.  See, it does not matter what anyone else thinks about it as long as Shakey and JP know I am with them in a small way every day then I am doing the right thing.  Rest well tonight my friends and I ask the Lord's blessings on all of you.  Peace and Strength...love ya Bull


No comments:

Post a Comment