Monday, June 22, 2015

71 DAYS of SQUATTING for SHAKEY / JP...and more
Not positive where to begin this but I am going to just go from where my heart and mind is right now  I just found out my Lt. from Squad 1 is also battling cancer and from what I heard he was doing better but it has come back with a vengeance.  A lot of the Squad crews have died or gotten very sick and I am pissed.  I am floored by the number of OCFRD men and women who have gotten cancer or some untreatable illness and not much has been done.  Maybe I just have not looked in the right places but from where I stand I don't see any group who is designed to help a family who is going through this.  I hope I am wrong but I can not find any.  WHY?  Is it that we never thought of forming an advocacy group or a group who can lead or counsel families when something so severe happens?  Do we just feel bad when someone dies or gets really sick and then forget like it all just goes away?  There are a lot of people in our department who are wiser than me surely we have somewhere for them to turn for help.  Something else I need to speak about....I received a call this evening that one of the families is having a very hard go of it right now...financially, that a job was lost or could be since they are the primary caregiver.  I NEED HELP.  I have been squatting for 71 days straight now and have raised a small amount of money  I gave $1,500.00 last week to a family and was able to put $200.00 in the fundme account also.  Before that between selling the shirts which I only sold but were made by Jenn Corbin, and the Sweating for Shakey HERO WOD we raised nearly $5,000.00.  Today another $400.00 was given from the purple shirts fund.
I don't know what else to do.  I am in South Carolina right now and am taking shirts to some firehouses here to sell.  I am also "maybe" driving to Tenn to get some shirts signed by some athletes for a raffle to be held soon.  BUT I NEED HELP!  I get a whole bunch of likes on Facebook but not very many messages or phone calls that say hey Bull i got $25. for the fund or I can sponsor you at $1.00 a day for a year($365.00- you can break this up in any kind of payment)  or even here's $30.00 for a month worth of sponsoring.  I know that money is tight ya'll I am in the same shoes.  BUT we and only we can do this together.....I will NOT stop squatting so I either do it and raise funds or I am doing it just so Shakey, Lisa, JP and Rachel know they are not alone and that every single day I am thinking and praying for them.  I now think about Mike Bean and Charlie Walsh....not to mention others that flood in while I get under that bar.  Some days it is those memories of friends who are gone that motivate me some days it's my word that I said I would so I do.   PLEASE spread this blog to non FF's to family and friend's who can afford to donate....please call me or message me with a donation.  Trust me those who know me know I DO NOT WANT TO BEG....but I will keep asking and I will keep squatting .  Thank you to all for the donations so far and for the wonderful comments...they keep me going.  I have or WE have 295 days left in this journey to raise funds and ease some of the stress.  Please reach out to those you know and maybe we can grow something big that will last for years and help many families, who knows we might be on the ground floor of making a big difference in many lives for years to come.  I know this...WE, together have started something! WE, together and it took ALL of us to do this, WE raised the funds I just told you about!  and guess what....IF WE had not done it...nothing would have happened..think about that!...YOU have made a huge difference so far and we are just getting started.  Thank you all again....much love-Bull

Andrew's garage in South Carolina, Sun last set was 315 X 2, today was 315X1
  

No comments:

Post a Comment