Friday, June 19, 2015

Me-JP-Rachel-5/19/2015

Today was special, and I really want to thank EVERYONE who has helped bring this year long journey to reality.  I wish I could give words to the feeling I had today when I was able to hand Rachel $1,500.00 cash that was donated by ya'll this past couple months.  I also deposited $200.00 in the GofundMe the night before.  What we have begun to do is helping these 2 families more than you can imagine.  I listened to JP as he told me how important it was to know that there were people out there praying for him and his family daily and to know that he, that they as a family are not going through this ordeal ALONE.  I was there at the same time the Dr. was and was shocked when I heard him tell JP that tomorrow would be the 8th treatment he was going to have in the last 2 weeks!  And still NO answers!  As I thank everyone for ALL YOU HAVE DONE, I really need to express that we have a LONG - LONG WAY TO GO!....I need help with getting this message out there that the Perez family as well as the Vanravenswaay family are going to need help.  We have 1 year to build a large fund that will help ease the stress of financial debt.  And I know we can do this IF we do it together!  I will also be posting when they will be needing us to help out at the house with yard work or any other odds and ends of everyday living.  I am going to take a road trip over the next few days in an effort to raise more awareness and funds for these 2 brother's.  I will need your prayers as this will be a first for me.  I spent sometime with a veteran today, and he was talking to me about a 19 hour firefight he was involved in while serving our country, while keeping you and I safe.  I could not imagine what he had been through, but I listened as best I could, as he told me about dragging 4 friends out of gun fire after they were shot.  He told me and showed me the bullet holes and where a bomb had caught some of him.  He would start and stop as if reliving it.  As he cried I couldn't help but cry too.  He is 36 years old.  You see, what I realized tonight was, that many times I watch things happen or read about things that take place and I think somebody will take care of the problem or the government will help this or that situation...The truth is that there isn't that someone else to take care of anything except you and me!  I hope you understand what I am saying....IT is UP to you and me to make this journey work! it is up to me to SQUAT every day and it is up to us both to get more people involved...WE are the change the world needs! WE are the ones that are making the difference! WE are the ones that other people can count on!...As I listened to Howard talk, I realized he had to be THAT GUY or he and his friends were dead, there was NO HELP coming to save them!  And when he was done sharing, he started asking me about this blog and he think's what we are doing is fantastic!  I am learning nothing will get done unless you and I make this happen!  It's us, all us and I am stoked that we are all together doing this!  My email is ...bull101601@gmail.com, my cell is ...352 255 6421... what ever I can do, let me know, but we need more sponsors.  Thank you again and I am so honored to have ya'll with me.  Thank you Lord for Your Love.  

4 comments:

  1. So humbled by your post Tom... Thank you for getting us all motivated to make THE CHANGE... Be a better person, friend, partner, co-worker, daughter, sister - I love you and pray you keep motivating people for a really long time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too and the giving of yourself to help the girls!

      Delete
  2. You keep going and going and going! What an inspiration you are, Bull!

    Looking forward to brainstorming on how our little crew of fitness maniacs can help my 54 brothers. Enjoy your well-earned week off, and happy early Father's day!

    ReplyDelete