Thursday, June 18, 2015

DAY 68
Two months ago and after a few weeks of deliberating about doing this blog, the journey began. And since the very first blog so many things have taken place I would not have imagined taking place and turning out so well.  It is amazing when you stop trying to be the production manager of situations and just "DO" the right thing...things happen and so far they have been good things!  We have another HERO WOD planned for JP and will probably take place in a couple weeks and this time we will have the emails and fliers out earlier so everyone knows.  It will also run 2 days so all shifts can attend.  I have a raffle planned and I think it will be huge!  I called a friend who is on a crossfit team that made regional's and in fact they did good enough to win their division so they will be going to the Crossfit Games.  Her name is Ellie and her team is Mayhem Freedom! YUP the team that Rich Froning the 4 time Games champ is on!  I am sending a Male XL and a female M and they will be signing both and I will advertise at all Crossfit boxes I can then donate ALL precedes to Shakey and JP!  I am really looking forward to seeing what will happen with this raffle since we will be involving more than just fire department family now.
Crossfit Mayhem "FREEDOM"
I really want to thank Ellie for doing this and to all her team mates for taking the time do help us out!  We will be cheering for ya'll to kick butt and take GOLD at the Games!..Thanks again, Bull
 
We also have new sponsors this month from the Volusia County Fire and Rescue Dept.  I will post a picture soon but I am stoked to have them part of our Squat group. FF Eric S from this crew I have known since I was a small child and I have watched him grow up and become a fine example of a man over the years.  Week before last I was able to be with his family as they laid their father to rest and a long battle with illness's.  Chuck was one of the best men I have known over the years and he was good to me in my young years as well as my older years.  I am missing him.


Voluisa County Brothers !
Squats this week went better than last week if there is such a thing( LOL).  I left off on Thurs so starting with last Fri ( and these are just the totals/last set) FRI-16"Box Sqt 315#, SAT-Back Sqt 315X2, SUN-Back Sqt 325#X1,MON-Bk Sqt with a 3 second pause at bottom 320#X1,TUES-18" Box Sqt 315X1,WED-18" Box Safety Bar Sqt 315#X1, THURS-Back Sqt 315#X2..
THANK YOU everyone for following and being patient with me...I will do better about posting more often with more updates from the families on our brothers and things we have coming up.  Many blessings to Shakey and JP and may you both continue to fight and know we love and miss ya.  REST WELL,  Love ya Bull

3 comments:

  1. Bull, you are amazing! Thank you for everything you are doing for my husband and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bull, you are amazing! Thank you for everything you are doing for my husband and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Bull; it's like you were reading my mind!

    I plan on wearing my Shakey shirt and Fit Pit shorts to the USA Track & Field Nationals, when I compete their next month...

    ReplyDelete