Wednesday, May 13, 2015

DAY 32
Today was the 32nd day in the 365 day journey to raise awareness and funds for our brother Shakey.  It was also the 32nd day of squats, to a minimum of 300#, and today I raised the minimum to 310# for the next month.  It is also the 32nd day of this blog, something I never thought I would do in a million years.  And, I must say A LOT has happened since I made the decision to do "something".  It is amazing what happens when we actually put action to our thoughts.  I mean, over the years I have had some really awesome "GOOD INTENTIONS" and I have had a hundred "I WISH I WOULD HAVES" not to mention the ever present "IF ONLY I HAD"...
I must of finally got tired of saying those haunting words above, over and over again.  I also talked to some honorable people before I just blew the "good intention's" off.  Starting some time next week this site will be moved to our own "PAGE/DOMAIN" which Lt. J Afrifa and the Benevolent Society has graciously purchased for us.  We have had our first "Sweating for Shakey"fund raiser in which the efforts of a few determined Fit Pit Roughnecks' lead by Eng. Coughlin and FF Doss'asaur' was launched and in a day and a half raised $3,500.00!  Also a big help from Brian Megargee for the T-shirts(which I should have more this week). Also a thank you to Lt.Willis for the banner we all signed.  We came together from Cocoa and Canaveral to Orlando and up to Reedy Creek then across to Winter Garden and finally bringing in our Clermont brothers to work together in a war of our own to honor 2 fellow brothers who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and to show our faithfulness to not let a brother"Shakey" suffer alone.  In these 32 days we have also been able to sell close to another $1,000.00 worth of Tshirts which goes directly to Shakey.  So far I have been able to raise $1,200.00 thru the Squatting for Shakey.  Each month I am looking for more sponsors so we can keep these funds coming in all year.  This Sunday, the 17th, Rach and I are heading out to DeBary to help serve or cook pancakes at another fund raiser for Stephen and his family.  I am asking again for ALL WHO CAN HELP!!!! to please come out and lets make this a huge success.
 THANK YOU MY BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S... and I am not just talking about Orange County FF's BUT all who have participated in one way or another...like..."retired" Capt Al,... and a Lake County business owner who has sponsored me for 1 year to squat for a man he has never met and asked to remain anonymous.  To OCSO Rob G who squats with me just about everyday as well as Doss just so I don't have to go it alone when I am at the Pit.  So many more!  I also want to thank ya'll for all the encouragement I have been getting on a daily basis, that has truly kept me going some days when my body feels like quitting.  So much has happened that has truly been above and beyond what I expected.  And to think it was only a thought 33 days ago.  I am so grateful to all you who have made this possible. And to think we are only 1 month in!!!!   I wish I could say more but it is really late and I need rest so I can train the masses tomorrow!....  I ask that God's blessings be with us all and that HIS loving HAND lay upon us and protect us all.  Rest well tonight,  Bull 

No comments:

Post a Comment