Sunday, May 17, 2015

SUNDAY 5/17/2015
BREAKFAST  OF  CHAMPIONS
Sunday mornings for most of America consists of a morning worship service at your local church of choice.  Today in the city of DeBary the Fire department put on their own brand of worship and fellowship where people came and participated in one way or another to help a friend and brother in need.  As I sat and I listened to people chat and watched as a huge number of people came and went from 7 am til 12 pm the atmosphere was one of a community that was coming together for one of theirs, as I sat next to Stephen off and on everyone came by to wish him love and prayers, a lot of hugs and hand shakes and as they walked away I saw many tears.  DeBary FD and Orange City FD did a jam up job of running the show.  Rach and I got there around 7;15 and it had already begun and you could tell this wasn't their first time putting on this kind of event.  I met Chiefs, Fire Marshall's and Pres. Allen Crawford of the DeBary Vol. Firemans Assoc. ( I hope I got that right)...These guys and gals were the varsity squad!  Never did I feel like an outsider, but a brother and I want to thank you for what you have done for Stephen.  I was finally able to meet Jenny Corbin who has gone out of her way to supply us with the Shakey Shirts!  There are so many more I met and talked with but I don't want to forget anyone so, how about leaving your names in the comments !!!! LOL  Orange County showed up too and as always I am proud of my brothers and sisters.  I had to take advantage of Max S ( rookie and one time Pit member LOL)  and he did a great job of making sure all the tables were cleaned and replacement settings were put out after each person left.  As silly as this sounds I was proud to watch him do this because to me it is that step in the long processes of becoming a brother firefighter  Max showed up and he served others and he will always remember this and hopefully he will take a rookie and guide them also.  I am trying not to forget these things that the older senior guys showed me when I was a probie.  The men and women of DeBary and Orange City came together and served first class and it was an honor to be a part of this.  I got a chance to meet Stephens father who was video taping the event and it was a real pleasure talking with him.  I couldn't help but wonder what his thoughts were and how hard this must be to watch his son go through this and not be able to help.  Stephen was able to stay a couple hours but was not feeling very good due to having his treatments just a couple days ago.  Seeing him gives me hope and so many others also.  ALL ya'll that came out I want you to know it mean't a great deal to Stephen and I want to thank you myself.  So this morning to me, this was a church service where instead of going and listening to a man speak about what we should or shouldn't do I was able to be a part of "the people serving other's" which I believe is one of the biggest things missing today in our society.  Here a few pictures from today.
THE MAN with some friends and family
ORANGE COUNTY FIRE RESCUE

This weeks squats were up and down so today I will just post the final totals so I am not boring anybody with sets/reps. Mon -Back Sqt 305 X 3/Tues Camber Bar to 16" box 300X1, Wed Reg Bar to 16" box 310x1, (this day I changed max to 310 minimum) Thurs Safety Sqt Bar to 18" box 310x1, Fri Safety Sqt Bar to 16" box 310x1, Sat Back Sqt to 310x1, Sun Back Sqt to 310x1.  I thank God that I have been able to keep this up and I must admit some days I don't even want to think about putting that load on my shoulders.  But then I think about Stephen and others and what they are dealing with daily and I pray and I realize that what i have to do is really not too bad.  I am in need of sponsors this month so give me a call or email me at ...bull101601@gmail.com and I will get you on board.

Father thank you for today and all the people you have placed in our lives and the new friends I met today. Hold my brother Shakey tonight in your arms and love on him and his family.  They need You.  In your Son Jesus name I ask this.  Amen
Sleep well my brother,  love ya Bull


  

No comments:

Post a Comment