Wednesday, May 20, 2015

EVERYDAY HEROES
Dave, Katie,Batman(Dave),Gus, Mike,Doss, Bull, Coop and Jimmy, other than batman I see a bunch of buddies.  Sometimes we get along just fine and sometimes we butt heads, some I have worked with once or twice and some I have spent years by their side.  One or two I only met through working at the Pit.  To me we're just every day people, doing the best we can in a career that sometimes takes more than it gives.  But to the general public we are looked on as heroes.  To the kid next door we are what he dreams of becoming one day and to everyone who dials 911 we are "The Answer" to their problems and emergencies.  To me these are my brothers and sisters and the more time I spend in this "job" the more I realize how much they mean to me.  Sure I have my bad days when I could careless and I am on my pity pot, but 99% of the time I wouldn't want to be with any others.  But I look at this picture now and realize how fortunate I am to have these people in my life, and not for the years of friendship but for one special day last month when they all came out to beat themselves up and raise money for a brother fighting a life battle....  In those couple days I learned a lot about brotherhood that I had forgot about over the last few years, for a couple days we all came together and gave of ourselves just because it was the right thing to do.  A year from now I hope I look back with the same love I feel now and I am sure I will because in those couple days I saw HEROES being made!  In those couple days I saw what I think the kid next door see's in the firefighter's he watches with wide eyes.  When I think about those couple days and the amount of selfless giving I saw on the Pit floor I am still taken back.  I was in the midst of GREATNESS and I truly believe that.  Some may see it differently but that's OK, because this is about what I saw in my brothers and sisters and they deserve praise for what they did.  I am just thankful to have been there to see it and be a part of it.  Dave Sullivan I am gonna miss you brother and I hope all goes well in Colorado for you and yours, you have always stood by my side and I am grateful for you.  I wish you well my friend and I love you brother.  The rest of you I still have with me for a while!!!LOL   Squats this week have gone well so far.  Monday was Safety Bar Squats to 300# to a 12" LOW box then raised it to 16" at 310#, Tuesday was Straight Bar Box Squats to a 18" box to 310# and today was a Back Squat at 135#x5, 225#x1,275#x1, 310#x1.   I am thankful for ALL the sponsors and prayers and just the outpouring of positive texts and words from so many.  We have just begun this journey and I can not do this with out your help.....I have some exciting news about our very own website coming to fruition very soon.  Until tomorrow...rest well my friend. Love ya Bull
NOPE, it's not gonna move unless I pick it up!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment