Monday, May 11, 2015

WHAT A WEEKEND!
I'll catch ya up on the squats from Saturday morning, Sunday and today.  Saturday was a busy and so after coaching and working out early I did regular back Squats at 135#x5, 185#x1, 235#x1, 285#x,305#x1, Sunday was probably THE roughest day to date.  I was out late Saturday night with the firefighter calendar comp and did a little leg shaking that night that my body is not use to.  So Sunday was physically a nightmare and I was finally able to Squat at 4:30 pm.  I did 18" box squats which by far are the most least demanding on my knees and back. 135#x3, 185#x3, 235#x3, 285#x1, 305#x1"HORRIBLE" is the best way to describe the feeling during these squats but I also realized how meaningless my pain is compared to others.  Monday, today is day 29 almost a full month.  My legs were still fighting me all because of a little dancing!  But thanks to the Doss"asaurous" I got through it and actually did more reps than normal.  135#x5, 225#x3, 275#x1, 305#x3
Sunday -18"box plus 305# on bar "HORRIBLE" lol!

So Saturday night I ended up doing the calendar competition.  A few weeks ago when we started working on "Sweating for Shakey" and this blog, I pretty much stopped working towards that goal.  Then Rachel asked me point blank "either take the profile picture and do a bio or don't do this thing"
I knew I had to fulfill what I had started so that was that.  I started really thinking how IF I can get on this calendar we might be able to get better exposure for the blog and that would lead to more sponsors!  Also more exposure to people in high places to help us with this battle, so it went from a nervous thing to a....do my best and do as well as possible and don't LOSE.  So Shakey there were no nerves that night.  I asked for strength to do my best and let the chips fall where they may.  And it went very well brother man! it looks like the old man is gonna fill a spot some where on the 12 months and we are gonna use it to get some help!...I emailed K92.FM today to tell them that Ashley from their station did a great job as our MC Saturday, and asked if she had a chance to take a look at our blog and offer any professional advice.  She seemed very nice and I think she would be a plus to helping us get better exposure.  It is a start my brother.  And like I said this needs to grow as big as we can get it!
This is Miss Ashley giving me great questions!  I met some of our brothers that night that I have never gotten the chance to really talk to before and it was good. All seemed like stand up guys. There was a camaraderie there that even though it was a competition everyone of us cheered for each other and at the end it was sad when 6 didn't get picked to be in the final calendar.  I never thought at (almost 56) I would be there but when I really started thinking about what this could do for your benefit I knew it had to be done.  I have a question Stephen.  What do you think about coming down to the Pit one day, just for an hour or so?  We could get lunch, and the guys want info on you every day.  My thoughts were maybe getting you out for a little fresh air and your buddies might help.  We could pick you up and take you home!  Just a thought for you.  Let me know.  Anyways my mind is beat tonight so I am gonna hit the rack.  Love ya man.  REST and GROW STRONG BROTHER!

"COME TO THE EDGE."
"No, we will fall."
"COME TO THE EDGE."
"No, we will fall."
They came to the edge.
He pushed them, and they flew.
                                             ....Apollinaire




2 comments: